- Have not been established - inositol is not considered an
essential vitamin since the body can synthesize it.
- Daily Optimal Intake:
Usually included in B-complex vitamin formulas
Powdered - very expensive (Reports indicate inositol is used to
cut cocaine so the price is extremely high)
Tablet - inexpensive
Signs and Symptoms of Deficiency:
- No known cases have been reported
Adverse Effects and Toxicity:
- Involved in facilitating the uptake of fatty acids by the
- Involved in synthesis of phospholipids
- Prevents the accumulation of large quantities of fat in the
- Required for the regulation of transporting material in and
out of cells
Copyright 1998 - 2008 by L. Vicky Crouse, ND and James S. Reiley, ND. All rights reserved (ISSN 1527-0661).