Diet and Nutrition: (references)
- Eliminate foods that cause an allergic response or to which
there is a sensitivity (fast, use an elimination diet, or allergy
test to isolate such foods)
- Avoid foods that cause vasodilation, including sugar, refined foods, coffee, alcohol, fats, spicy
Vitamins and Minerals: (references)
- Individual botanicals to be considered for this condtion:
Homeopathic Remedies: (references)
- Acne eruptions:
Aur., Calc-S., Calc-Eil., Carb-An., Carb-S., Carb-V., Caust.,
Dulc., Fl-Ac., Hep., Kali-Ar., Kali-Br., Nux-V., Phos., Rhod.,
Sars., Sep., Sil., Syph., Teucr., Zinc.
(For an overview of Homeopathy, click here.)
- Coffee enema:
- Sulfur bath (bath tub about 1/2 full of water at 102° F
with 1 oz. of potassium sulfate - dip affected area for 30-60
- Check for the presence of Helicobacter pylori
- Azelaic acid cream used topically.
- Rule out acne: Physical Exam, History
- Rule out allergies: IgG Food Allergy Antibody, IgG and IgE Inhalent Allergy Antibody
- Rule out corticord damage: Drug History
- Rule out dermatomyositis: Electromyogram, Creatine Kinase, ANA, Skin Biopsy
- Rule out erythema infectiosum (Fifth Disease): CBC with Diff, Parvovirus B19 Antibody
- Rule out gram-negative folliculitis: Skin Biopsy with Culture
- Rule out Helicobacter pylori: H. pylori Antibody, H. pylori Antigen, H. pylori Breath, Rapid Urease, Endoscopy with Biopsy
- Rule out perioral dermatitis: Skin Biopsy with Culture
- Rule out rhinophyma: Physical Exam
- Rule out rubiosus diabeticorum: Diabetic History
- Rule out seborrheic dermatitis: Physical Exam, History
- Rule out sterile eosinphilic pustulosis: Skin Culture and Microiscopy
- Rule out subacute cutaneous systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE): CBC with Diff, Blood Chemistry, Urinalysis, CRP, ANA with Reflex, Quantitative Immunoglobulins, Tissue Biopsy
* The recommended use of this supplement or therapy is based on a physiological mechanism or empirical data and is not necessarily supported by peer-reviewed research studies.
Copyright 1998 - 2008 by L. Vicky Crouse, ND and James S. Reiley, ND. All rights reserved (ISSN 1527-0661).