Antiviral IV Treatments *
- Give 30 drops/min. in large vein if possible.
- Do as a slow IV push. If painful inject 1/2 cc, wait, inject
another 1/2 cc.
- Patient can squeeze a ball with same hand to enhance blood
Treatment 3 (Long):
- Administer over at least 2.5 hours.
- Use a large vein.
Treatment 4 (Short):
- In 100 ml. of lactated ringers, give over 30 minutes.
- IV HCl potentiates the WBCs but do not use in infections that
have no outlet for drainage (e.g. brain abscess).
* The amounts of the vitamins, minerals and other substances used in this IV therapy will vary according to each manufacturer's specific osmolarity.
Copyright 1998 - 2008 by L. Vicky Crouse, ND and James S. Reiley, ND. All rights reserved (ISSN 1527-0661).