Alternative Tonic Therapy:
- Slowly over 5 - 15 minutes
- 25G butterfly needle
- 10-20 ml. of sterile water to reduce injection site pain if necessary
- 20 - 25 mEq. of potassium orally if patient is subject to hypokalemia, repeat 4 - 6 hours later
- Calcium probably should be excluded in patients with cardiac arrhythmias and the maximum tolerated amount of magnesium should be considered
Short Anti-viral IV Treatment
(add to Short Anti-viral IV)
- AMP (50 mg.): 2 cc
- Glycyrrhiza (glycyron) (2
mg.): 2 cc
- Germanium (100 mg.): 1 cc
- Normal saline: 5 - 7 cc
- 1/2 Normal saline: 100 - 125 cc
- Lactated Ringer's: 100 - 125 cc
- Give IV over 30 - 45 minute period.
- Give K+ before and after.
* The amounts of the vitamins, minerals and other substances used in this IV therapy will vary according to each manufacturer's specific osmolarity.
Copyright 1998 - 2008 by L. Vicky Crouse, ND and James S. Reiley, ND. All rights reserved (ISSN 1527-0661).